Congratulations to our first ever charities selected for The Growth Project in Melbourne!
Joining us in the Eagle Cohort is:
- Cool Australia is a leading educational resource with more than 63,000 educator members reaching 1,550,000 students. Cool Australia offers a growing body of environmental, social and economic sustainability curriculum to properly address the holistic nature of sustainability.
- Edmund Rice Camps Victoria is largely a volunteer organisation that runs camps for children, young people and families from disadvantaged backgrounds including asylum seekers, refugees and people from indigenous communities.
- Hotham Mission is a youth-based community development organisation which seeks to empower disadvantaged young people by providing opportunities so that they can overcome cyclical disadvantage and fulfil their potential. Programs include educational assistance, nutritional support to address food insecurity, early intervention for at-risk youth, poverty prevention, advocacy and social justice.
- Law and Advocacy Centre for Women is a not-for-profit, community legal centre that assists women who are in, or at risk of, entering the criminal justice system. We address the underlying causes of their offending, as well as providing legal advice and representation. www.lacw.org.au
- Missing Persons Advocacy Network (MPAN) creates awareness for missing persons and provides practical support to their families. MPAN aims to forge partnerships that not only help to promote the faces and stories of missing loved ones, increasing the likelihood that they may be found, but also lessen the financial impact on those actively searching for them.
- No To Violence incorporating the Men’s Referral Service (NTV/MRS) is the peak body for organisations and individuals working with men to end family violence in Victoria and New South Wales. We provide telephone counselling, information and referrals for men in Victoria, New South Wales and Tasmania.
- seven women economically and socially empowers marginalised women through literacy, skills training and income generation programs.
- PartnerSPEAK is the only organisation in Australia to support the partners and children of online child sex offenders. We host a moderated peer support forum for affected partners and campaign broadly for non-offending partners to receive support. www.partnerspeak.org.au
- Volunteering Australia is the national peak body for volunteering. Our mission is to lead strengthen, promote and celebrate volunteering in Australia.
- Council of Single Mothers and their Children (CSMC) is a state wide, membership-based, community organisation run by and for single mothers. We have been supporting single mothers and working for changes to systems, services and community attitudes since 1969.
A great group of charities for 2017/18 and a diverse range of community issues represented. The first session for the new Melbourne cohort will start on 19th July.