Congratulations to the Sydney charities selected for The Growth Project 2017/18.
Joining us in 2017/18 is:
- The Layne Beachley Aim for the Stars Foundation – nurturing talented young women through providing mentoring and financial support.
- Catalysr – a business accelerator that supports skilled refugees and migrants who face barriers to employment.
- Dandelion Support Network – who accept, sort, and safety check nursery items, clothes, toys and linen for babies and children for families in need.
- Dreams2live4 – making dreams come true for patients who are living with metastatic cancer.
- Mr Perfect – a grassroots, men’s support network with a vision to transform men’s mental health by making it a comfortable discussion for all.
- The National Centre for Childhood Grief (also known as A Friend’s Place) – providing free bereavement counselling for children and young people, as well as a range of other activities to support bereaved children.
- The Sanfilippo Children’s Foundation – dedicated to funding research in to the rare, genetic disorder Sanfilippo Syndrome. www.sanfilippo.org.au
- StreetWork – providing prevention and early intervention services for medium-high at risk young people aged 11-18 years streetwork.org.au
- The Banksia Project – a mental wellness initiative combining awareness building with constructive action.
- The GroundSwell Project – focused on creating a cultural shift in the way Australians respond to death, dying and grief. thegroundswellproject.com
Another wonderfully diverse group of charities for The Growth Project 2017/18. The first session for the new Sydney cohort will start on 21st July.